While printing photos for my own personal album, I have discovered that a few magazine scans produce excellent photos. You probably remember that in earlier posts here and on the onmemories site, I have stated that because magazine scans do not print well, I will not sell autographed photos of them. Well … most magazine scans do not produce acceptable photos, and I won’t sell autographed photos of them. However, there were photos I wanted in my album that there were only available from magazines. Some that I scanned have printed well. A few were sent to my friend who is selling my autographed photos on eBay. Some others will only be sold directly from this site because I don’t know what people want, and I don’t want to print up photos that will not sell. There are already too many printed that are not selling.
Thus far, these are the ones that have produced good prints. I may find others.
1) Ron Vogel sold a number of photos of me on a brick sidewalk. There are two color photos that I know about, and in addition, he sold at least three B&W versions to different magazines. This one, published in Tab, is the only one that scanned well, and after working a bit with it, I was able to produce a quality picture. I don’t know if anyone would want to purchase it; magazine editors certainly liked this series of photos.
Ron Vogel’s photo of me on a brick sidewalk, published in Tab, 1966 (similar but not identical to the one published in Carnival, 1962).
2) Ron Vogel took a number of photos of me in a Rose Garden in February 1962. One became a page in a 1963 calendar (I was Miss July, 1963). In my album, this photo will be the centerpiece of several photos that were taken in that rose garden. I love them, but they don’t seem to be selling on eBay.
Ron Vogel’s photo of me in a rose garden that became a page in a 1963 calendar.
3) Sam Wu took a number of photos of me leaning on a tree branch. This was in Angeles National Forest.. The photo below is the only one of the set that I like. It was published in Figure Annual,1964. This picture has a photo-level quality. My breasts look really good in it. However, it may be too “artsy” for buyers.
Sam Wu’s photo was published in Figure Annual, 1964.
4) This Elmer Batters photo was published in Nylon Jungle, 1963. The setting alone (not to mention the emphasis on my legs), make this a “typical” Elmer Batters’ photo.
Elmer Batters’ photo of me published in Nylon Jungle, 1964.
5) This is one of the “Donna Cole” photos taken by Elmer Batters and published in both Tip Top, 1964 and Thigh High, 1967. I have received so many requests for it that I did send it to my friend who is selling my eBay photos. I don’t know when it will be listed. Not for a while, as there are quite a few that haven’t been sold yet.
Elmer Batters’ photo of me (as Donna Cole) published in Tip Top, 1964 and Thigh High, 1967.
6) This Elmer Batters photo of me was published in Nylon Jungle, 1964. I have received a request for it and so it will be sold on eBay. I don’t know when.
Elmer Batters” photo of me published in Nylon Jungle, 1964.
7) I liked this Ron Vogel photo, published as a foldout in Amazon (don’t know what issue or year) so much that I took and chance and printed a copy for sale on eBay. It is a high-quality print.
Ron Vogel’s photo of me that was published in Amazon as a foldout.
8) This photo by Keith Bernard was published in Adam. I received a request for a copy and to my delight it printed very well. A copy will be sold on eBay.
Keith Bernard’s photo of me published in Adam, 1964.